We offer a one-stop commercialization service that includes:
- products or opportunities identification,
- business plan development,
- securing of funding,
- incubation/testing of product,
- setup of manufacturing plants,
- commissioning of plants,
- training of staff and
- ongoing mentoring and support.
The CoE also offers specialist services in:
- localisation (manufacturing products locally),
- reverse engineering,
- product development,
- rapid prototyping, and
- engineering and design.
The CoE has access to and the use of advanced design facilities that include full five-axis CNC milling, CNC turning, CNC EDM wire-cutting, ZNC EDM spark eroding, specialised welding including Arc, Tig and Mig welding. Together with its full-time mechanical design team they are ideally suited to assist industry and clients with all aspects of product design and development.
Our state-of-the-art facilities available to industry include the following laboratories/centres or programmes:
- Centre for Advanced Manufacturing (CFAM)
- AMTS Fab Lab
- Rapid Product Development laboratory
- Design and reverse engineering laboratory
- Fibre Polymer Laboratory
- Food Extrusion Laboratory
- Manufacturing Technologies Centre
- Strategic Partnership Programme
- Business Development and Incubation Centre
We have access to software programmes that include advanced 3D solid and surface modeling, options for mould tool design, photorealistic imaging, tool path verification and a comprehensive range of 2D and 3D gouge-free machining strategies. These programmes form a unique integrated CAD/CAM solution for the CoE, which assists us in the manufacturing of high-precision and quality components.